Don't knock this pizza until you try it-be a little adventurous and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised! Each time I make it for dinner there is not one slice left...
Make it easier by using pre-bought dough from your local pizzeria or grocery store.
1 small Onion, caramelized
1 small Green Apple, diced
4 slices Bacon, chopped and cooked crispy
2 oz shredded Mozzarella
2 oz shaved Parmigiana
2 T. Olive Oil
3/4 C. White Wine
6 Sage Leaves, Chiffonade
2 T. Rosemary, chopped
Salt & Pepper TT
1. Roll pizza dough into desired thickness. Brush dough with olive oil. Sprinkle rosemary, salt and pepper.
2. Caramelize onions and spread on dough.
3, Bake in 450' oven for 10 minutes.
4. Saute bacon until crisp. Add wine and sage leaves. Cover and braise on low heat for 15 minutes. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels.
5. Add butter to the pan and saute apples, about 5 minutes until soften.
6. Top crust with apples, bacon and cheeses. Salt and pepper pizza and bake in 400' oven for another 10 minutes or until done to your liking.
Serve with a cold glass of dry white wine or beer and a crisp, light salad for a complete meal.