Saturday, November 8, 2008

Shaken...or Stirred



It's entirely possible that martini's were popular quite some time ago and that I am just now recognizing how trendy they are. It seems like everywhere I go these days I either run into a cupcake bakery or a martini bar! Not that this girl is complaining, mind you-when done right, both of those things sing to my soul-I'm just slow on the uptake.

This Thanksgiving, get your cranberry fix in a martini glass instead of a can...

Also included is a "virgin" version of this drink so as not to exclude anyone-truth be told, this version might just be tastier than the high octane one! (Maybe)

Crantini:
Ice cubes
1 C. Vodka
1/4 C. Dry Vermouth
1/2 C. Cranberry Juice
8 Cranberries, frozen
4 Lime Zest twists

Virgin Crantini:
Ice cubes
1 C. Cranberry Juice
1 C. Fresh Tangerine Juice
1/4 C. Fresh Lime Juice
4 Lime Zest Twists

Yields 8 Cocktails


Note:
While searching for the perfect cranberry juice this afternoon I came across a Cranberry-Tangerine juice. Being that the virgin version of this drink calls for fresh tangerine juice, I decided to take a chance and experiment on my old recipe. Instead of using plain cranberry juice as a mixer, I used this new cran-tan juice, added a bit of lime juice and shook it all up. It was fantastic!

I'm not entirely sure how readily available this juice is to everyone, otherwise the recipe would be changed for sure. This drink was sweeter than the original and had just a hint of tangerine which brightened it right up. I highly recommend that if you can find this juice in your store that you try it instead of just the plain cranberry juice.




No comments: