Serve cold or at room temperature, stuffed into a pita or on a roll-the sky's the limit! (I also like it on white toast or crackers.)*
4 pounds chicken breasts
2 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
2 T. oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/2 C. balsamic vinegar
1/4 C. olive oil
1/2 C. grainy mustard
2 pounds fresh mini artichoke hearts, quartered or 3, 10 oz. frozen
1 large fennel bulb
1 medium sized onion
2 cups mayonnaise
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Rub chicken with garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Roast in over for 45 minutes or until done. Cool completely and cut into chunks.
2. Combine 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar with the olive oil, 1/4 cup mustard and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Place the artichoke hearts in a saucepan, add about 2 inches of water. Cover and bring to a boil and cook for 10 to 15 mins if fresh or 5 to 7 minutes if frozen. Drain well and place in a bowl. Pour the mustard vinaigrette over the artichokes coating them well.
4. Finely chop the fennel and the onion. Combine with chicken meat and 1/2 of the artichoke hearts in a large bowl. Combine mayo with he remaining vinegar, mustard and salt and pepper.
5. Toss the mixture with the chicken, fennel and artichoke hearts.
The salad may be kept tightly covered and refrigerated for up to 8 hours.